Life long Ipswich resident Tony Veale founded his successful local Plumbing and Heating business all the way back in 1981 when pipes were still made of copper and you could fill your van with fuel for £20 ! After time in the Merchant Navy, Tony gave up his life at sea to set up his own business and very quickly became well known as a specialist in the supply and installation of quality water treatment products.
Over thirty years later and our business has really gone from strength to strength. In 2002, Clive Stevens was brought into the company to specifically expand the water softener side of the business and with his specialist knowledge of the Industry, we have now become one of the foremost Water Softener Specialists in East Anglia.
L - R:
- Tony Veale (Founder) - Did his plumbing apprenticeship at Cranes of Ipswich back in the days of steam power and gaslight.
- Sandra Veale (Co-Founder) - Our sobering influence whenever we are thinking of spending any money (unless it’s on a new frock!)
- Robert Goldsmith (Softener Installations) - Joined us from school as a plumbing apprentice way back in 1988 and has recently received his 25 years loyal service carriage clock!
- Luke Clarke (Softener Installations) - Joined the business in 2004 as a plumbing apprentice and has almost mastered the art.
- Marc Woodall (Softener Installations) - Joined us as a plumbing apprentice in 2001 and has more entries in the accident book that everyone else put together.
- Clive Stevens (Director) - Joined the business in 2002 and liked it so much he bought the company!
There’s more to life than water softeners (believe it or not!). When not selling and servicing softeners, we can be found indulging our passion for local World War II military history, as you can see from the photos below, or by checking out our YouTube channel!